The Italian Space Agency (ASI), in collaboration with the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), offers up to 3 grants to Italian university students regularly enrolled in a Master’s course (corso di laurea magistrale), 2nd level Master’s course or a Doctorate course in an Italian university, to participate in the 72nd International Astronautical Congress (IAC) on October 25th-29th, 2021 and in the 19th Space Generation Congress (SGC), that will be held on 21st – 23rd October 2021, in Dubai, UAE.
Deadline: August 30, 2021.
These grants are part of the Higher Education programmes undertaken by ASI, in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding between ASI and SGAC, regarding the promotion of joint activities for students and young professionals in the space sector and concerning research topics of interest to the Agency.
Every winner will be awarded a grant with a maximum net amount of € 3.500,00 to cover the registration to the congresses and all the other expenses related to the participation in the two events. The grants will be paid before the two congresses. After the congresses, the winners are asked to present their participation certificates.
In order to participate it is mandatory to fulfil the following requirements:
- Being among the authors of an abstract presented at the IAC in one of the following research topics of interest to ASI for this edition:
- SCIENCE AND EXPLORATION: Systems sustaining missions, including life, microgravity, space exploration, space debris and SETI.
- TECHNOLOGY: Common technologies to space systems, including astrodynamics, structures, power and propulsion.
- SPACE AND SOCIETY: Interaction of space with society, including education, policy and economics, history and law.
- Having received the notification of acceptance of the abstract from the International Astronautical Federation (IAF)
- Being the author who will present the paper at the IAC 2021
- Being regularly enrolled at a Master’s course (corso di laurea magistrale o specialistica), a 2nd level Master’s course or a Doctorate course active in an Italian University at the time of the paper presentation at IAC 2021
- Having Italian citizenship
For more information about this grant, please visit the ASI website for more information (Italian only).