The SGAC Alumni Award
In 2019, in the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), the organisation launches its Alumni Award Programme. SGAC wants to acknowledge selected alumni for meritorious contributions to the SGAC community, for demonstrating a high degree of loyalty and commitment to SGAC, and for outstanding leadership and ongoing support to the organisation.
The award is presented to an alumnus that demonstrates ongoing support of SGAC and genuine care for the next generation, actively supporting and empowering space young professionals and students. The intent of the Alumni Award is to provide additional recognition to alumni who give their time and expertise to provide exceptional support to the organisation and its members.
SGAC Alumni are
- SGAC members (with a registered account on our website) who have not interacted with SGAC in the past three years.
- Those who care about the SGAC mission and vision, but are over the age limit of SGAC (past their 36th birthday).
Number of Awards
An alumnus may receive the award only once.
Not more than one award is conferred each year.
We want to give an award to an alumnus that provides ongoing support to SGAC through activities such as :
- Supporting SGAC’s activities
- Providing support/funds to SGAC’s activities (events, scholarships, project groups etc.)
- Showing availability to join as a speaker or a subject matter expert at SGAC events
- Being an advisor to some SGAC teams or projects (e.i.: advisory to a Project Group)
- Supporting SGAC as an organisation
- Being part (or has been) of the SGAC Advisory Board/Honorary Board
- Showing availability to provide advice and support to the SGAC Leadership
- Getting involved in the SGAC Mentorship Programme
- Supporting the Alumni Programme
- Participating to Alumni events
- Donating to the SGAC Alumni Fund
Nomination and Selection Rules
Who can nominate
- The wider SGAC community
- SGAC Executive Director
- SGAC Co-Chairs
- SGAC Alumni Lead
- The Jury Panel evaluates and select the winner, providing rationales for the choices
2020 Alumni Award timeline
- 1st of December 2019: Call for nomination is open
- 1st of April 2020: End of nomination period
- 1st of April – 31st of April 2020: Evaluation period
- 1st of May 2020: Announcement and Notice to the awardee
- 10th of October 2020: the Award is presented at the Space Generation Congress Closing Dinner
- 2019 SGAC Alumni Award: James D. Burke nominated by Mr. Ali Nasseri, SGAC Alumni Lead
Are you interested in nominating an SGAC Alumni? To support you write the best pitch, here the questions you will find in the Nomination Form
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Nationality 1, 2, 3
- Current Status
- Role within SGAC (if any)
- Full name of the Nominated Alumna/us
- Affiliation of the Nominated Alumna/us
- Role(s) covered in SGAC by the Alumna/us
Eligibility – Given the criteria among those listed, please explain:
- How has the Alumna/us supported SGAC’s activities so far? (150 words)
- How has the Alumna/us supported SGAC as an organisation? (150 words )
- How has the Alumna/us supported SGAC’s Alumni Programme? (150 words)
- Why should SGAC prefer this Alumna/us over others? Pitch us! (150 words)