The SGAC Alumni Award
In the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), the organisation launches its Alumni Award Programme. SGAC wants to acknowledge selected alumni for meritorious contributions to the SGAC community, for demonstrating a high degree of loyalty and commitment to SGAC, and for outstanding leadership and ongoing support to the organisation.
The award is presented to an alumnus that demonstrates ongoing support to SGAC and genuine care for the next generation, actively supporting and empowering space young professionals and students. The intent of the Alumni Award is to provide additional recognition to alumni who give their time and expertise to provide exceptional support to the organisation and its members.
SGAC Alumni are
- SGAC members (with a registered account on our website) who have not interacted with SGAC in the past three years.
- Those who care about the SGAC mission and vision, but are over the age limit of SGAC (past their 36th birthday).
Number of Awards
An alumnus may receive the award only once.
Not more than one award is conferred each year.
We want to give an award to an alumnus that provides ongoing support to SGAC by (these are examples):
- Supporting SGAC’s activities
- Providing support/funds to SGAC’s activities (events, scholarships, project groups etc.)
- Showing availability to join as a speaker or a subject matter expert at SGAC events
- Being an advisor to some SGAC teams or projects (e.i.: advisory to a Project Group)
- Supporting SGAC as an organisation
- Being part (or has been) of the SGAC Advisory Board/Honorary Board
- Showing availability to provide advice and support to the SGAC Leadership
- Getting involved in the SGAC Mentorship Programme
- Supporting the Alumni Programme
- Participating to Alumni events
- Donating to the SGAC Alumni Fund
Nomination and Selection Rules
The Alumni Lead provides a list of nominated alumni who demonstrate ongoing support to SGAC.
- SGAC Executive Director
- SGAC Co-Chairs
- The Jury Panel evaluates and selects the finalist, providing rationales for the choices
2019 Award timeline
- 1st of June 2019: Call for nomination is sent to the Alumni Lead
- 25th of June 2019: End of the nomination period
- 25th of June – 31st of July 2019: Evaluation period
- 1st of August 2019: Announcement and Notice to the awardee
- 21st of October 2019: The Award is presented at the Alumni Event at the International Astronautical Congress (IAC)