The European Region is an important centre of SGAC’s activities which are often policy-driven and connected to the main space agencies in Europe. SGAC participates in many conferences, UN committees, workshops, space policy reviews and publications in the region. The European Region counts more than 50 National Points of Contact (NPoCs) representing almost 30 countries. SGAC Europe aims to continue fostering a continuous pro-active representation in all the countries. SGAC Europe annually organises the European Space Generation Workshop (E-SGW), a two-days regional workshop for university students and young professionals with a passion for space where are discussed topics mainly related to the region. The 7th E-SGW took place in Bari (Italy) on April 27-28, 2023.
Regional Coordinators Europe
Regional Team Europe
Current/Recent Activities in Region
- Organisation of the European Space Generation Workshop (7th edition in Bari, Italy);
- Organisation of local SG events (currently in preparation of SG[France], SG[Germany], and SG[Spain]);
- Organisation (or support to organisation) of local events (Italian Space Startup Competition, Cross Country initiative – Belgium/Germany/Netherlands, Space Minho – Portugal)
- Organisation (or support to organisation) of targeted workshops for specific audience or topic (Dream Mission Session @AAE Conference; Introduction to SGAC – Slovakia; SGAC at CYSEC; SGAC at Salon du Bourget; SGAC at Space Afternoon with University of Porto);
- Local events and summer schools (Hungarian Space Academy, Poland Mars Analogue Simulation Workshop (PMAS), Summer Space School in Russia, etc.);
- Support and organization of World Space Week events and Yuri’s Nights;
- Running networking events (SGAC in Tour – the Netherlands, Casual Meetups, Webinars);
- SGAC leadership presentations at the International Space University;
- Active participation in International Astronautical Congress, local conferences and other scientific events;
- Organizing annual SGAC Christmas Dinner always in a different European city.
The European Region supports SGAC trend focused on developing recommendations and input concerning the future of the organisation and it is interested in building a solid network within members rising their visibility at every level: in the organisation at local and at global levels. SGAC Europe has a big potential and offers many local scholarships (e.g. Young ESA, DLR, ASI, etc.). Check the list of SGAC scholarships for a more comprehensive list.