Based on the success of previous European Space Generation Workshops (E-SGW), SGAC will organise the 6th European Space Generation Workshop in 2022.
Deadline for Application: May 5th 2021
The call is open to SGAC members in the European Region, however, bids from Hungary, France, Romania and the United Kingdom will not be considered, as those countries have already hosted a major SGAC regional event in the past three years.
Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 6th European Space Generation Workshop. For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the event shall be beyond December 2021, preferably in 2022)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event, specifically previous E-SGW experience would be a plus)
- Suggested Event Planning Schedule with the main actions (Definition of venue, Definition of Organising Team, etc.).
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal.
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager do not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a requirement
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The E-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the European Regional Coordinators and the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME] 6TH E-SGW bid, together with your bid in attachment. Bid template can be found here:
All applications must be emailed to the European Regional Coordinators:
And Regional Event Coordinators:
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications close:||5th May 2021|
|Review of bids and interviews:||5th April 2021 – 15th May 2021|
|Announcement of results:||20th May 2021|