Gender equality and diversity are becoming very important issues in the space sector. In the Asia-Pacific region, we can see a significant gap in this area. This is becoming heavily important particularly in promoting more women participation in the space sector in the region.
The main objective of this event is to raise awareness of gender diversity in the space sector and empower more women participating and staying in the sector. This event aims to be a platform for knowledge and experience sharing of students, young professionals, and space leaders in Asia-Pacific especially of women, from women entrepreneurs in the industry to scientists. We aim to discuss common challenges and barriers to participation of girls and women in space. Additionally, this event aims to support young women through a short mentoring session. Lastly, this event is open to students, young professionals, and professionals in the space sector.
This event is co-organized by the Work-Life Support and Diversity Office of JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency). JAXA is designated as a core implementing organization that technically supports aerospace development and utilization for the Japanese Government. JAXA performs activities related to aerospace fields ranging from basic research and development to utilization.
Speakers invited and SMEs:
- Naoko Yamazaki, Astronaut
- Dr. Gay Jane Perez, Deputy Director General for Space Science and Technology, Philippine Space Agency
- Veronica Cesco, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA)
- Emeline Paat-Dahlstrom, Co-Founder/CEO, SpaceBase
- Soyoung Chung, Korea Aerospace Research Institute
- Adila Abdul Satar, ASEAN Business Lead, Aerospace & Satellite Solutions
- Amazon Web Services
- Happy Rumiris, LAPAN-BRIN
- Aya Iwamoto, Lead, Japan Space Policy, Astroscale