SGAC is seeking one enthusiastic volunteer to join our Human Resource Team! This position will support the Human Resource Team in coordinating the onboarding and offboarding of new Team members within the SGAC Team. This position offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, and the opportunity to help improve the onboarding and offboarding processes of the organization.
Deadline for applications: 25 February 2023
We are looking for applicants for::
Responsibilities (1 position)
The HR Team Member’s Onboarding Co-Lead will work with the current Onboarding Co-Lead and assist the HR Coordinators with the following:
- Onboarding of successful candidates with the support of the Executive Secretaries and the Onboarding Leads
- Offboarding of Team members after their due dates.
- Updating the active members volunteer
- Developing and keeping detailed statistics of the recruitments
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary, including supporting professional development activities and team member feedback surveys
This is an appointed volunteer position. The appointment will be for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal for additional 2 consecutive years. This is a very high paced role and really rewarding.
Estimated time commitment: On average 4-5 hours per week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Good English skills with a keen eye for details
- Good teamwork skills and a high degree of self-organization
- Cross-cultural communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Quick email response time
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission, its objectives and structure
- Experience with Website Management on WordPress is a plus
- Experience with MailChimp is a plus
- Prior experience with Human Resources management and task scheduling is preferred
Be a part of leading and shaping the organization! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organization
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 31 January 2023 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
For any questions, feel free to write to the recruitment team at [email protected]
|Applications Close:||25 February, 2023|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the months of February and March.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of March/beginning of April.