National Points of Contact Zimbabwe
Welcome to SGAC Zimbabwe!
SGAC Zimbabwe seeks to promote space science and its impact in the country. Our objective is to empower the young with space ideas and to create an informative and active space network to serve as a forum to share ideas.
Over the past years, Zimbabwe has not been involved in any major space activities, but great improvements have been made in the telecommunication sector. A lot still needs to be done and it is high time the country formulates space policies and embrace space technologies for instance in disaster management, agriculture and climate analysis for sustainable development of the country.
Last year our NPoCs attended major international major space conferences, which was a positive step for building experience and passion for space.
For any requests please do not hesitate to contact the NPoCs.
Young Space Activities Overview in Zimbabwe
- Continue to increase SGAC activity in Zimbabwe.
- Increase awareness of the SGAC and its goals across the country.
- Increase participation and attendance of SGAC members at national and international space conferences.
- To open space-related clubs and incorporate space knowledge in science clubs which already exists in schools from primary to university level. Currently no Zimbabwean university or institute offers space related courses at all levels.
- To partner and engage with the Ministry of Science and Technology and other organisations, so as to get support and resources.
- Encourage space outreach and foster space education.
World Space Week, October 4-10, The General Assembly declares 4 to 10 October World Space Week to celebrate each year at the international level the contributions of space science and technology to the betterment of the human condition.
|Mazowe Satellite Station, Mazowe, Zimbabwe|
Interesting Web Links for the Young Generation in Zimbabwe
Chinhoyi University of Technology National University of Science and Technology University of Zimbabwe Harare Institute of Technology Zimbabwe Air Force Air Zimbabwe
Other Interesting Web links
http://www.esa.int/Education http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/index.html#.Ue-4htKmiAg http://spaceref.com/nasa-hack-space/nasa-student-launch-projects-challenge.html http://www.astronomerswithoutborders.org/ http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/moonphases.html?n=96 http://www.weather.co.zw/http://www.vercalendario.info/en/moon/zimbabwe-year-calendar-2013.html