National Points of Contact Iran
Welcome to the Iranian page for the Space Generation Advisory Council! Iran is an important actor of Middle East region in Space Science and Aerospace, playing an important role in development of space arena. Many young people hold programs to support public awareness, and organizations like Iranian Space Agency (ISA), Astronautics Research Institute (ARI) and Iranian National Space Association (INSA) make noticeable efforts in professional aspect. “Iran is in scientific huge leap ahead!” so we need new generation’s energy, enthusiasm, creativity and activity as young future leaders. Here’s the place you can JOIN US.
Young Space Activities Overview in Iran
- Yuri’s Night & Astronomy Day: In Tehran, Isfahan, Mashhad, Ahvaz, Tabriz, Shiraz and 26 other cities in Iran, the Yuri’s Night and Astronomy Day was celebrated by different astronomy councils. Groups, educated people about Yuri’s first flight and had some programs such as showing and analyzing space movies, observing the night sky, astronomy exhibitions, and kid’s booth. Also some TV programs are shown and many special papers are published in Astronomy Day
- World Space Week programs: During the World Space Week there has been around fifty different events throughout Iran, mostly focused on Remote Sensing technologies, which can be categorized in different subjects, including:
- Astronomy, discovery and space voyages;
- Space application for better life and protect environment;
- Space Law and Policy;
- Telecommunication and Location-based Services;
Recently, Iran has unveiled the domestically-designed Nahid-1 (Venus) telecommunication satellite that has been manufactured at Iran’s Space Research Center within which the country has sought to hone its capabilities in building geosynchronous satellites. Among other achievements were the surveillance-imaging AUTSAT-1 satellite, designed and built by Iran’s Amirkabir University of Technology and Saman-1 Orbital Maneuver System, which can be used to change satellite orbit. Most importantly, for the 2017, Iran has planned to launch four or five indigenously built satellites. The Amir Kabir-1 (also known as AUTSAT-1) will be a remote sensing satellite and is designed to provide post-disaster surveillance and agricultural applications. Moreover, the Zafar satellite is also supposed to be used for remote sensing and is designed to provide meteorological and water boundary mapping data. In addition, Doosti satellite, another remote sensing satellite, is being developed by the Remote Sensing Laboratory of the Iranian Space Agency. All of these satellites are planned to be launched by either Iran’s Simorgh or Safir space launch vehicles.
Country Specific Events in Iran
There are also some events that Iranian space society will experience in 2017 and Iran-NPoC’s are planned to be part of these events and make contribution in some of them:
- Hold a National Conference on Space Law, Policies and Strategies in fall 2017 in cooperation with 5 top-rated universities of Iran and Iranian Space Agency which would be an initial step to hold an International Conference on the same topic in Iran.
- Hold annual National Students Cansat Competition.
- Fundraising for Manfred Lachs Moot Court Competition 2017 in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ International Relations Faculty to facilitate understanding of space law for Iranian college-bound students and empower them to make more contribution in international arena.
- Hold annual SG [Iran] in cooperation with Space Generation Advisory Council and Iranian National Space Association (INSA) in 11th May, believing that we should try to stablish a long-lasting, annual creative program. This event would be mainly organised and contributed by the young generation and Iranian National Space Association (INSA) and some other financial sources.
- As announced earlier this year, Iran is managed to Launch sounding rockets or satellites from Iran, NAHID, AMIR-KABIR/AUTSAT, DUSTI and ZAFAR in 2017
- Participate with NPoC to spread the word about SGAC in Yuri’s night, World Space Week programs, National Space Day events, and Astronomy Day festivals throughout 2017.
List of Aerospace Faculties in Iran
- Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Sharif Technical University
- Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Amir-kabir technical university (Tehran Polytechnic University)
- Aerospace Engineering Faculty, Khaje-nasir-toosi Technical University
- Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Malek-Ashtar Technical University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Tarbiat Modares University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Shahid Beheshti University
- Aerospace and Mechanic Engineering Faculty, Shiraz Technical University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Elm-o-San’at University
- Astronautics Research Institute
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Mashhad Ferdowsi University
- Aerospace Engineering Group, Shiraz University