The SGAC is seeking a volunteer to join the newly formed African Regional Team as Regional Communications Manager.
If you are an SGAC member from the African region who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for applications: 25 October 2018 Extended.
The Regional Communications Manager will work closely with the current PR & Communications Coordinator, Monica Pascanu, and report to the Regional Coordinators.
Activities include the following:
- Creation of contents for social media and newsletter specifically focused on the region
- Contribute to the creation, and ensure implementation of the regional PR and Communications Strategy for the organisation
- Hold coordination meetings with the global PR Team
This is a volunteer position.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, GIMP/Photoshop)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time
SGAC is a unique, non-governmental, non-profit organisation that empowers its student and young professional members to engage directly with the international space community and influence the future of the space industry.
Be a part of leading and shaping our organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Being recognised internationally as part of the organisation’s leadership on the SGAC Team webpage
- Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- SGAC team members receive discounts on SGAC events, and also receive consideration for SGAC Space Generation Leadership Awards and Global Grants Program
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 October 2018 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.