Based on the success of the previous South American Space Generation Workshops (SA-SGW), SGAC will organise the 7th South American Space Generation Workshop in 2022. Please note that SGAC is closely monitoring the current sanitary crisis and events will take place only if it is safe and responsible to do so.
Deadline for Application: 30th of June 2021
The call is open to SGAC members in the South American Region. Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 7th South American Space Generation Workshop. For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in first half of 2022)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 connection flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Suggested Event Planning Schedule with the main actions (Definition of venue, Definition of Organising Team, etc.).
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager does not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a required
- The Co-Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The SA-SGW Event Manager and Co-EventManager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the South American Regional Coordinators and the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with the Subject [CITYNAME] 7TH SA-SGW bid, together with your bid in attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the South American Regional Coordinator:
- Isi Casas del Valle P. ([email protected])
And Regional Event Coordinator:
- Mehdi Scoubeau ([email protected])
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications close:||30th of June 2021|
|Review of bids and interviews:||1st of July 2021– 15th of July 2021|
|Announcement of results:||15th of July 2021|