Based on the success of previous North, Central America and Caribbean Space Generation Workshops (NCAC-SGW), SGAC will organise the 5th NCAC Space Generation Workshop in 2024.
Deadline for Application: 15th of September 2023
The call is open to SGAC members in the NCAC Region. Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event except Costa Rica, the United States, and Mexico who have hosted the workshop in the past.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 5th NCAC Space Generation Workshop. For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in the first half of 2024)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 connection flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Suggested Event Planning Schedule with the main actions (Definition of venue, Definition of Organising Team, etc.).
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- The event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event/conference/congress/program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by the National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager does not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a requirement
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The NCAC-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator and they will also work closely with the Regional Coordinators
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the NCAC Regional Coordinators and the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with the Subject [CITYNAME] 5TH NCAC-SGW bid, together with your bid in the attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the NCAC Regional Coordinators:
And Regional Event Coordinator:
- Mehdi Scoubeau ([email protected])
Only complete applications will be considered.
|15th September 2023
|Review of bids and interviews:
|15th September – 22nd September 2023
|Announcement of results:
|22nd September 2023