Based on the success of the 1st Central American Space Generation Workshop (CA-SGW) held in San José (Costa Rica), SGAC will organise the 2nd North, Central America, and the Caribbean Space Generation Workshop in 2020 and we are looking for the perfect place for this event.
Deadline for Application: 15th May 2019
The call is open to SGAC members in the North, Central America, and Caribbean Region.
Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 2nd North, Central America, and Caribbean Space Generation Workshop (2nd NCAC SGW). For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in January/February 2020)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager do not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is required to be from the NCAC region
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The NCAC-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the North, Central America and the Caribbean Regional Coordinators, the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator and the 1st CA-SGW Event Managers
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME] 2ND NCAC-SGW bid, together with your bid in attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the North, Central America and the Caribbean Regional Coordinators (NCAC RCs):
- Kavya Manyapu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tania Robles (email@example.com)
And Regional Event Coordinators:
- Caroline Thro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mehdi Scoubeau (email@example.com)
Only complete applications will be considered.
1 April 2019
15th May 2019
Review of bids and interviews:
15 May 2019 – 30 May 2019
Announcement of results:
1 June 2019