Based on the success of the 1st European Space Generation Workshop (E-SGW) held in Budapest (Hungary), the 2nd E-SGW held in Paris (France), the 3rd E-SGW held in Bucharest (Romania) and the 4th European Space Generation Workshop (E-SGW) held in London (UK), SGAC will organise the 5th European Space Generation Workshop in 2020 and we are looking for the perfect place for this event.
Deadline for Application:
25th June 2019 Extended 15th July 2019
The call is open to SGAC members in the European Region.
Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 5th European Space Generation Workshop (5th E-SGW). For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Preferred dates for the events shall be in first quarter 2020)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.). The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 flight)
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
- Suggested sustainable plan for the Workshop (including concrete measures to reduce environmental impact of the event, e.g. no single use plastic, encouraging travelling by train instead of plane, etc.)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager do not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is required to be from the European region
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The E-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- These are volunteer positions
- The bid will be evaluated by the European Regional Coordinators, the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator and the 4th E-SGW Event Managers
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME] 5th E-SGW bid, together with your bid in the attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the European Regional Coordinators (RCs):
And Regional Event Coordinators:
Only complete applications will be considered.
1 June 2019
15th July 2019
Review of bids and interviews:
15th July 2019 – 20th July 2019
Announcement of results:
25th July 2019