Call for hosting the 3rd Space Generation Workshop in North and Central America and the Caribbean (NCAC-SGW)
Based on the success of the previous North, Central America and the Caribbean Space Generation Workshops (NCAC-SGW), SGAC will organize the 3rd NCAC Space Generation Workshop in 2021. Please note that SGAC is closely monitoring the current sanitary crisis and events will take place only if it is safe and responsible to do so.
Deadline for Application:
30 January 2021 Extended 28 February 2021
The call is open to SGAC members in the NCAC Region. Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 3rd NCAC Space Generation Workshop. For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in first half of 2021)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 connection flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Suggested Event Planning Schedule with the main actions (Definition of venue, Definition of Organising Team, etc.).
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager does not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a requirement
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The NCAC-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator and they will also work closely with the Regional Coordinators
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the NCAC Regional Coordinators and the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME] 3RD NCAC-SGW bid, together with your bid in attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the NCAC Regional Coordinators:
And Regional Event Coordinator:
- Mehdi Scoubeau ([email protected])
Only complete applications will be considered.
Review of bids and interviews:
28 February 2021– 10 March 2021
Announcement of results:
20 March 2021