Based on the success of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Asia-Pacific Space Generation Workshop (AP-SGW), SGAC will organise the 6th Asia-Pacific Space Generation Workshop in 2019 and we are looking for the perfect location for this event.
Deadline for Application: 28th February 2019
The call is open to SGAC members in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 6th Asia-Pacific Space Generation Workshop. For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Ideally in July/August 2019)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with the date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important Points to Remember:
- The bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts(NPoC). If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (Appendices attached at the end can include supporting letters, and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager, and does not count in this page limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is a required
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The AP-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the Asia-Pacific Regional Coordinators, the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator and the 5th AP-SGW Event Managers
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME] 6TH AP-SGW bid, together with your bid in the attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the Asia-Pacific Regional Coordinators:
And Regional Events Coordinator:
- Caroline Thro ([email protected])
Only complete applications received before the deadline will be considered.
|Applications close:||28th February 2019|
|Review of bids and interviews:||28th February 2019 – 14th March 2019|
|Announcement of results:||15th March 2019|