Based on the success of the Space Generation Workshop in almost all regions of the world, SGAC will organize the 1st Middle-East Space Generation Workshop (ME-SGW) in 2019.
We are looking for the perfect place for this event.
Deadline for Application: 31 January 2019
The call is open to SGAC members in the Middle-East Region. Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be a perfect place for the 1st Middle-East Space Generation Workshop. For this, please provide information about the following:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in 2019 with a focus on July 2019)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.) The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max 1 flight).
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organizing events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Letters of support to the bid from organizations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts. If your country does not have an NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Deputy Manager does not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is required
- The Deputy Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The ME-SGW Manager and Deputy Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- This is a volunteer position
- The bid will be evaluated by the Middle-East Regional Coordinators and the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organizing Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME] 1st ME-SGW bid, together with your bid in attachment.
All applications must be emailed to Middle-East Regional Coordinators:
And Regional Event Coordinator:
- Caroline Thro ([email protected])
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications close: 31 January 2019
Review of bids and interviews: 31 January 2019 – 14 February 2019
Announcement of results: 14 February 2019