SGAC has partnered with NASA SCaN to allow 2 students or young professionals who have expressed an interest in a career in space communication and navigation to attend the SGAC/AAS NextGen Event in association with the ISS R&D Conference 2018 hosted in San Francisco, California.
The NextGen Event will be held on July 23rd, 2018, the ISS R&D Conference runs from to July 23-26th, 2018.
Application Deadline: 13 July 2018, 23:59 GMT
Two (2) selected students or young professionals will receive grants of up to USD 1,000 to support their attendance to the ISS R&D Conference & the SGAC/AAS NextGen event. This scholarship can go towards travel to, accommodation during, and registration to the ISS R&D Conference 2018.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your complete application using the SGAC Scholarship Submission Form. Your submission should include:
- Your CV (max 2 pages)
- A short letter detailing your background and motivation for attending ISS R&D 2018 (max 1 page)
Your submission should follow the competition guidelines below.
- All individuals or team members shall be SGAC members between the ages of 18 to 35 inclusive (up to the day of their 36th birthday). at the time of the conference.
- The applicant must be an SGAC member (registered on the SGAC website).
- The applicant must be registered to the ISS R&D 2018 conference or the SGAC/AAS NextGen Event by the 15 June 2018, 23:59 GMT.
- Competition organisers and judges are not eligible for this award.
- Winners should not receive support from any other source to attend ISS R&D 2018 conference or the SGAC/AAS NextGen Event. Should winners receive such support midway through the program, SGAC should be informed and solution will be sought.
- The language of all submissions must be in English. It shall be submitted using the Scholarship Submission Form. You will need to be logged in as an SGAC member to access the submission page.
- Please ensure all files are unlocked PDF documents under 10 MB. Your name should be included at the top of all pages.
- All submissions must be made by June 15 2018, 23:59 GMT. Any submissions after the deadline will not be considered
Responsibilities of the Winners
- Winners are required to write a short report describing their experience at the ISS R&D 2018 conference & NextGen Event, which might be showcased on the SGAC website, newsletter or social media and that of our partners
- The award will be paid out after the conference, and upon fulfilment of all requirements above in a suitable manner. It will be paid out not later than 30 days after fulfilment of all responsibilities.
- In case applicants or winners receive funding for ISS R&D 2018 by any other organization, the Scholarships Coordinators shall be informed. If the applicants don’t inform the Scholarships Coordinators, SGAC holds the right to not reimburse the winning author. SGAC aims to reduce the number of double scholarships and will work with the winners to develop a solution in these cases.
- Applicants are advised to not engage any expenses until they have formal confirmation that the competition has been awarded. The SGAC is not liable for any expenses incurred by applicants in any case where a competition is not awarded, or in excess of the value of the awarded grant.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit SGAC and other participating organizations to mention their names, affiliations and headshot picture in connection with the scholarship.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that ISS R&D 2018 or NextGen 2018 is cancelled. SGAC will not reimburse the winning author, even if they have already incurred expenses.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner fails to attend ISS R&D 2018 or is unable to under extenuating circumstances; in that case the award offer shall become void.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner cannot obtain any necessary travel documents; if they are required but not obtained, the award offer shall become void.
- The award is not transferable to another event.
|Announcement of Results:||14 July 2018|
|ISS R&D 2018:||23 July – 26 July 2018|
For any questions, please refer to SGAC Scholarships Coordinators ([email protected]).
SGAC would like to thank NASA Space Communications and Navigation (NASA SCaN) for their support to run this scholarship.
If you or your organization is interested in providing talented students and young professionals with the opportunity to share their work and ideas with global space community, please contact SGAC Scholarships Coordinators (contact above).