SGAC-Euroconsult Scholarship 2023
SGAC has partnered with Euroconsult to bring 12 Young Professionals to attend the World Satellite Business Week, in Paris, France. The scholarship winners will need to select whether they want to participate in either the Summit for Satellite Financing (SSF) and attend on 11-13 September 2023 or the Summit on Earth Observation Business (SEOB) and attend on 13-15 September 2023.
Application deadline – EXTENDED to: 28 February 2023, 23:59 GMT
The winners of the scholarship will receive an award in order to attend one of the following events of the World Satellite Business Week (WSBW) in Paris, France:
- Summit for Satellite Financing (SSF): 11 – 13 September 2023
- Summit on Earth Observation Business (SEOB): 13 – 15 September 2023
The award will cover the ticket to the WSBW only; other expenses such as travel expenses, accommodations, visa costs are NOT reimbursed/included.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to prepare a 1-page essay (max 500 words) on the following topic:
In the year 2040, the U.S. and China have semi-permanent settlements on the Moon. Describe this scenario in greater detail and analyze the following elements of it:
- Role of the private sector
- Role of international partnerships
- What are the key technologies, type of infrastructure and services being developed, etc.
- To what extent will governments procure commercial services versus developing and operating their own systems, and what are the benefits and limitations of those choices?
Please, make sure to include the rationale behind your idea and include the Five Ws (What will it be?, Who will do this?, Why will it be like that?, Where will this happen?, When/How?) in the essay.
All submissions must be made by using the Scholarship Submission Form at the bottom of this page. (Please, Log in or Register to see the application form)
Please submit your documents as unlocked PDF files. Your name should be included at the top of all pages.
Your submission should follow the competition guidelines below.
- The scholarship is open to young professionals only.
- Participants must be eligible SGAC members (registered on the SGAC website) between the age of 18 and 35 years as of the 11th of September, 2023.
- Competition judges are ineligible for the award.
- The language of all submissions must be English.
- All submissions must be made by the 28 February 2023, 23:59 GMT. Any submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Responsibilities of the Winners
The winning author shall attend either:
- The entire SSF 2023 or the entire SEOB 2023.
- Possible Mentoring Sessions organised during the WSBW days.
- The free ticket will be given to the winner before the WSBW 2023.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit the SGAC to use their names, affiliations, and headshot photo in connection with the scholarship. This also applies to the essay that is submitted: portions of this essay could be used for promotional purposes (the authors, of course, will be credited for the content).
- Copyright of the submitted entry shall remain with the contestants. However, by submitting an entry all contestants agree that SGAC and all affiliated organisers are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights regarding all submitted papers. SGAC and all affiliated organisers may also present ideas and findings generated by this competition at relevant conferences.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event the WSBW 2023 is cancelled. SGAC will not reimburse the winning author, even if they has already incurred expenses.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event the award winner fails to attend WSBW 2023 or is unable to under extenuating circumstances; in that case, the award offer shall become void.
- Organisers shall not be responsible in the event the award winner cannot obtain any necessary travel documents; if they are required but not obtained, the award offer shall become void.
- The award is not transferable to another event or individual.
The applications will be evaluated by a panel composed by the SGAC Scholarships Team and Euroconsult.
28 February 2023
Announcement of Results:
14 March 2023
For any questions, please refer to SGAC Scholarships Team ([email protected]).