Since the mentoring team was formed in January 2020, SGAC’s mentoring program has expanded from a small nucleus to a committed team that handles hundreds of applications and mentors annually, as well as partnerships with other organizations. Due to the increase in size of the program and new goals to improve diversity and access of the program (different space fields, interests, region) it has become necessary to have additional SGAC members on the committee team to manage and grow the program. SGAC is seeking two (2) new committee team members.
Deadline for applications: 7 January 2024
Mentoring Program Committee (2 Positions)
SGAC is looking for two (2) active and motivated volunteers to manage and grow the SGAC Mentoring Program, as well as improve access and inclusion. The selected applicants will work alongside each other as well as the two Mentoring Program co-leads. The committee members are for a single year term with the option to stay for a second year without reapplying.
- Assist mentoring program co-leads in team tasks
- Build resources for mentees and mentors such as organising webinars, networking socials, mentoring and FAQ guides
- Lead and manage project collaborations with other SGAC teams, as well as potential partnerships with external organisations
- Assist in tasks to grow the diversity of mentor database (different space fields, interests, region) to improve access and inclusion
- Identify, refine and improve processes of the mentoring program to benefit participants
- Assist SGAC mentoring program mentees with learning to connect and use SGAC as a resource
- Manage the SGAC mentoring slack with resources and answering questions
- Attend monthly team meetings
Note: please emphasize if you have specific expertise in social media/graphic design/videography in your application
Estimated time commitment: 3 hours a week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 33.5 years of age at the time of appointment
- Be between 18 and 33.5 years old at the date of appointment
- Demonstrate teamwork experience and initiative
- Possess good communication skills in English
- Rapid communication abilities with the team is a must
- Experience with spreadsheet software(s)
- Previous experience with SGAC activities is a plus
This is your chance to help the next generation of SGAC members, and develop valuable organizational skills in the process. In addition, you get the opportunity to:
- Interact with senior-level leaders in the international space sector
- Work with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Connect with our network of mentors around the world
- Possibly be nominated for SGAC leadership awards
- Benefit from SGAC discounts on event registration for team members
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 7 January 2024 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of relevant experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|4 December 2023
|7 January 2024
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the month of January and February.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of February, beginning of March.