The Regional Assistant is an assisting role to the entire Regional Team, providing necessary support to the Regional Team members (Regional Secretaries, Partnership Managers, Communication Managers) while working under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinators.
Deadline for applications: 10 December 2023
The Regional Assistant tasks include:
- Supporting the communication and scheduling between the Regional Team members (Regional Coordinators, Regional Secretaries, Regional Partnerships Managers, and Regional Communication Managers)
- Support compiling & managing the NPoC digital database
- Track & schedule the regional mailing list
- Manage the Regional group chats for members and NPoCs
- Support scheduling & posting content on Regional social media
- Support management of SGAC websites (AP website, country websites)
- Track various tasks by different team members, send reminders and update progress
- Repost relevant posts, news, and opportunities from other SGAC channels (Slack channel, LinkedIn, etc.)
This is an appointed volunteer position. The appointment will be for 2 years with the possibility of renewal for an additional 2 consecutive years.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 2-4 hours a week.
Duration of Term: Two Years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time as well as other communication channels used (Telegram)
This is your chance to help the next generation of SGAC members, and develop valuable organizational skills in the process. In addition, you get the opportunity to:
- Interact with senior-level leaders in the international space sector
- Work with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Connect with our network of mentors around the world
- Possibly be nominated for SGAC leadership awards
- Benefit from SGAC discounts on event registration for team members
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 10 December 2023 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of relevant experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|10 December 2023
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the month of December.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of December, beginning of January.