SGAC is seeking a Reports Designer! The reports designer will be responsible for formatting the content on the Designed Report Template and include the report pictures and graphs/statistics in a visually appealing manner.
Deadline for applications: 1 March 2024
The Report Designer’s duties are as follows:
- Report to and ensure regular communication with the SGAC Reports Coordinator on the SGAC Reports design activities
- Produce graphs and statistics from event data and according to the SGAC Style Guide
- Format the content on the Designed Report Template and include the report pictures and graphs/statistics in a visually appealing manner
- Design templates and layouts for new SGAC Reports
- Work closely with the SGAC Report Editors
- Coordinate with the SGAC PR Communication Team for improvements/updates on the SGAC Corporate Identity and SGAC Style Guide
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 35 years of age at the time of appointment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Keen eye for details
- High degree of self-organisation
- Quick email response time
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission, its objectives and organisation
- Previous experience with designing reports is desired
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite applications and Canva
Estimated time commitment: On average 3 hours per week, with up to 5 hours a week commitment during some parts of the year. Much of the editing work at SGAC happens during the months of October to January, and May to June. As such, availability during these months is critical for this role.
Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
These are voluntary roles and have no monetary compensation. Active members of SGAC teams are considered for nomination for SGAC Scholarships and Awards, including fee waivers or discounts for SGAC event fees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 1 March 2024 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
|1 February 2024
|1 March 2024
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the months of March.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of March/beginning of April.