As the number of team positions, events, and activities of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) expands, the organisation is seeking one ambitious and highly motivated volunteer to join and co-lead the Web & Data Team!
The Web & Data Team Co-Lead will, together with the current Lead, coordinate the Web & Data Team, from developing and maintaining SGAC’s web capabilities to help capture, analyse and protect SGAC data across all SGAC teams and activities, supporting a better understanding of SGAC needs and a better decision making.
It is an exciting position that offers many rewarding experiences in leading an eager and enthusiastic multinational team to address core challenges facing SGAC’s web infrastructure and data management.
The Web & Data Team Co-Lead will receive additional relevant training from our current Web & Data Team. Coordinated by the Operations Officer, the Web & Data Co-Leads will have the possibility to shape SGAC website and cooperate with all SGAC Teams and Regions, to establish best practices and strategies to help the organization grow more and have a professional website and IT services in place.
Deadline for applications: 25th February 2023
- Lead, direct, and guide the activities of the Web & Data Team, monitoring and coordinating the response to emails and requests regarding Web & Data issues in a timely manner, assigning tasks to team members and following up on requests.
- Assist in the development of new capabilities on our website.
- Help liaise with all the team members across SGAC to support their events, projects or goals through our website and web applications.
- Work closely and communicate with all relevant SGAC teams and members in regards to data capture, analysis, maintenance and protection to support the data flow and storage throughout the entire SGAC organisation.
- Be the focal point to the SGAC Server Host on the management of the website server.
- Identify areas of improvement throughout the SGAC Web Infrastructure.
- Support the SGAC performance evaluation (such as KPI) to support understanding and decision making with SGAC.
- Ensure industry standards in data security and protection is maintained throughout the organisation.
- Work with the Operations Officer to ensure that SGAC maintains compliance with relevant data protection and privacy policies and legislations.
- Coordinate with the Operations Officer to ensure that Web & Data Team activities are properly reported to the SGAC Executive Committee.
- Support the work of the Operations Officer in establishing fact-based common strategies, practices and procedures across all the SGAC activities and teams.
Estimated time commitment: ~10 hours a week on average. The ability to effectively coordinate the team to respond to issues around-the-clock is highly preferred. You will be able to arrange with your co-lead for downtime from the role during exams, vacations or time for other personal needs.
This is a voluntary role with a 2 year term.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and 33 years of age or less at the moment of the application
- Interest in the space sector
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork experience
- Strong management capabilities
- Professional fluency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English
- High degree of self-organisation and initiative
- Ability to give and take constructive criticism/ suggestions respectfully
- Cross cultural and communication awareness: ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with data management and databases.
- Experience with WordPress CMS (Content Management Systems), themes and plugins is a must.
- Experience with Google Workspace and Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Data Studio).
- Familiarity with linux servers and server management.
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the SGAC mission and its objectives
- Customer service mentality
As part of the Web & Data Team, you will have the opportunity to network with space industry professionals, academics, and organisations. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to enhance their leadership, business development and management skills, and grow their skill sets to work with an international, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team.
Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Shaping and the strategies, practices and procedures of an international organization
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Contributing to the growth and sustainability of the organisation
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 25th February 2023 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Timeline for applications
|Applications Open:||1st February 2023|
|Applications close:||25 February 2023 23:59 GMT (17:59 MST)|
|Announcement of Successful Applicant:||Mid to End March 2023|