NOTE: Thanks for applying! You will hear about the result of your application in early February. If you were not able to apply this year, please join SGAC at our other events!
SGFF applications are due January 15, 2023. SGFF is a diverse and inclusive conference; you don’t have to be an engineering student or work for Insert-Space-Company-here. You are NOT an imposter, you belong here!!
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected].
Please read the following page carefully as it includes information regarding the ongoing pandemic and details on how to prepare a successful application for this year’s conference.
Hybrid SGFF and Ticket Flexibility
With the success of the first hybrid SGFF in 2021, we look forward to welcoming back both virtual and in-person delegates to the 2023 SGFF. Applicants will complete a single application, and will then have the flexibility to select an in-person or virtual conference ticket during registration. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we will provide registered delegates with the flexibility to transition from in-person to virtual or virtual to in-person participation up until 1 month (March 1, 2023) before the start of the hybrid SGFF.
DISCLAIMER: Transition to in-person participation may be dependent on ticket availability.
NOTE: Delegates can transition from in-person to virtual participation following March 1; however they will not receive a refund on the in-person registration amount.
While the world continues to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, the SGAC remains committed to keeping its members safe, and preventing the spread of COVID-19 within or beyond its events. With that in mind, applicants should be aware that they may be asked to partake in COVID-19 precautions during the 2023 SGFF, including mask-wearing, hand sanitizing and adherence to local laws and regulations. Details regarding such restrictions will be communicated frequently leading up to the event.
11th SGFF Registration Fees
- In-Person, Young Professional*: $250 USD
- In-Person, Student*: $180 USD
- Virtual*: $20 USD
Included in the cost of in-person registration:
- Virtual events held prior to the in-person components of the event
- Entry to the 11th Space Generation Fusion Forum
- Friday night reception
- Saturday lunch and dinner
- Sunday lunch and dinner
- Coffee breaks
- Delegate materials, including sponsored “swag”
- Entry to the opening ceremony of the 38th Space Symposium and NewGen luncheon on Monday, April 17, 2023 at The Broadmoor hotel (please read below)
- Discounted registration for the 38th Space Symposium (please read below)
Included in the cost of virtual registration:
- Access to the 11th Space Generation Fusion Forum virtual platform
- Dedicated onsite personnel to communicate questions from virtual participants to our in-person speakers
- Dedicated virtual breakout sessions
- Dedicated virtual networking space
* Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 35 (inclusive) as of April 1, 2023.
Delegate applications are accepted from December 12, 2022 to January 15, 2023, 23:59 MST (UTC-7). You must be 18 to 35 years of age (inclusive) as of April 1, 2023 to apply. You must also be an eligible and registered member of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC). If you are not currently a member of SGAC, no problem! Becoming a member of SGAC is free and easy! You can read more about the benefits of membership and register before submitting your application here.
The delegate selection process for SGFF is highly competitive. Information you provide will be used to evaluate your suitability as a delegate to the conference. Applicants will be evaluated specifically on their motivation, passion, and enthusiasm with consideration for their knowledge and experience in the space community. We seek delegates from a wide range of backgrounds and experience levels. If you are concerned that you may not be as experienced as some other applicants, be sure to emphasize your unique perspectives and enthusiasm for the space community.
The application includes four questions that require extended answers. Your response to these questions will weigh heavily in our consideration of your application. Since these questions are part of a single form, we recommend that you prepare your responses prior to starting your application. Please complete these questions with full responses. Short or single sentence answers generally lead to rejection. We want to hear your story!
We will be evaluating your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the SGFF? (Max. 100 words)
- What do you wish to take away from this experience? (Max. 100 words)
- Please describe the most relevant experiences that will enable you to contribute to the debates and discussions during the SGFF. Experiences can include, but are not limited to: academic, professional, and volunteer experiences. (Max. 250 words)
- What do you view as the greatest challenge to humanity’s continued expansion into space over the next ten years, either from a technological, business, or policy standpoint? (Max. 150 words)
If you are interested in applying to the Global Grants Programme or volunteering during the Space Symposium to support your trip, please read the following sections before applying.
You should hear about the result of your application in February 2023 at the latest. Successful applicants will then receive an email with further instructions on how to register for the event.
Global Grants Scholarship
The Global Grants Programme facilitates the attendance of delegates who bring unique and insightful firsthand perspectives to the Space Generation Fusion Forum. Delegates awarded a Global Grant will receive support to attend SGFF (March 19, April 14-17, 2023) and the 38th Space Symposium (April 17–20, 2023).
If you have previously volunteered for the Space Generation Advisory Council, you may be eligible for a Global Grant. The Global Grants application is completed as part of the SGFF delegate application process and requires additional extended response answers. To find out more details, please see the Global Grants page here.
Similar to the SGFF application, the Global Grants Programme requires extended responses to three questions. Please write your answers in English and in paragraph form for each question. Remember we can only assess you on the information you provide!
- Please describe your contributions to SGAC. (Max. 250 words)
- Please describe any other contributions to the space community. (Max. 250 words)
- Why should you be selected for the 2023 Global Grants Programme? (Max. 250 words)
Attendance to Day One of the 38th Space Symposium
The 2023 SGFF will be held just before the 38th Space Symposium. Thanks to the Space Foundation and its sponsors, accepted delegates to the SGFF are typically eligible to attend day one of the Space Symposium — a half-day on Monday, April 17. The day includes the Symposium opening ceremony, NewGen luncheon and NewGen speed-networking sessions. We will keep our delegates informed regarding this opportunity in 2023.
Discount to the Full 38th Space Symposium
Typically delegates to SGFF are also offered discounted tickets to attend the entire Space Symposium. We hope to offer similar discounts to the 38th Space Symposium and we will notify accepted delegates as soon as we have any further information.
Volunteering at the 38th Space Symposium
In past years, the Space Foundation has offered the opportunity for self-funded delegates attending SGFF to volunteer at the Space Symposium in lieu of paying a registration fee. This year we expect similar arrangements, with details forthcoming. If you meet the requirements, please indicate your interest in volunteering at the Space Symposium in the SGFF application. Note that priority is generally given to self-funded students before self-funded young professionals.
Need help? If you have any questions, please contact our SGFF Delegates Team ([email protected]).