Space meets Art in the 20th Space Generation Congress Logo Competition
01 March 2020
Dabble in design? Have a little artistic flare? Looking to get your creative juices flowing? Then the SGC 2021 Logo Competition is for you!
Preparations for the 20th Space Generation Congress to be held in Paris in October 2021 are already underway and this means one thing – we need your creative input! We are looking for a logo that will characterize SGC 2021 and be used on our promotional materials. This is your chance to design it!
The logo competition is open to all SGAC members and the winner will be awarded free registration to this year’s Space Generation Congress 2020 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (8 – 10 October, 2020).
How to apply?
Ensure you are eligible to submit a design by carefully reading the guidelines below.
Make sure your logo design adheres to the SGAC Style Guide.
Enter your logo submission as a PNG or PDF file (under 5 MB). All submissions must be entered by filling in the Scholarship Submission Form.
Submit your entry by the 15th April 2020 23:59 GMT for full consideration.
What are we looking for?
Logo designs will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The logo must include a reference to Paris, France where SGC 2021 will take place.
- The logo should make a reference to space – we are SGAC, after all!
- Scalability – The logo should be simple enough to be able to be scaled down or up and still look good.
- The logo should be Memorable/Impactful – the logo should capture the viewer’s attention and leave a positive impression.
- Versatility – The logo should look equally good on the web and on print material.
- Relevance – The logo should be relevant to SGAC and in-line with what it stands for.
Don’t hold back, we want to see something fun, creative and representative of SGC!
Feel free to come up with something unique and think outside the box!
Who is eligible to apply?
The competition is open to all students and young professionals from any country.
No previous design experience is necessary. The competition is open to all – from those who like to play around in MS Paint/Gimp/Photoshop to those are designers by trade.
All individuals or team members shall be SGAC members between the ages of 18 to 35 inclusive (up to the day of their 36th birthday) on 1 October 2020.
Competition organisers and judges are not eligible for this award.
Winners should not receive support from any other source to attend SGC. Should the winners receive such support midway through the programme, SGAC should be informed and a solution will be sought.
Looking for a little inspiration?
Check out the winning designs from previous years.
2019: Caroline Juang – logo for SGC 2020
2018: Francesco Scarcelli – logo for SGC 2019
2017: Caroline Juang – logo for SGC 2018
2016: Mark Fittock – logo for SGC 2017
The fine print – Responsibilities of competition winners
The winning designer shall:
- If selected as the winning logo, we will need a high resolution version in .ai or .eps format
- Attend the entire SGC 2020
- Support the running of SGC 2020 and the SGAC booth. These tasks offer great opportunities such as being the rapporteur of an SGC working group and helping with writing a group report, being the front face of SGAC at the SGAC booth and meeting interesting people.
- Submit a short report (2 pages excluding pictures) and a short video (1 minute) describing his or her experience at SGC 2020 for inclusion on the SGAC website, newsletter or social media and that of our partners
All responsibilities shall be fulfilled and reports etc. submitted not later than 1st of December 2020.
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit SGAC and other participating organisations to mention their names, affiliations, and headshot pictures in connection with the competition.
- The participants of this competition grant SGAC the right to use and reproduce their submitted logo design and utilise it in SGAC materials without restriction or compensation.
- By submitting their logo design, the participants warrant that the submitted logo design does not infringe upon the copyright or other rights of 3rd parties.
Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that SGC 2020 is cancelled. SGAC will not reimburse the winning author, even if he/she has already incurred expenses.
Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner fails to attend SGC 2020 or is unable to under extenuating circumstances; in that case the award offer shall become void.
Organisers shall not be responsible in the event that the award winner cannot obtain any necessary travel documents; if they are required but not obtained, the award offer shall become void.
Entries accepted: Now!
Submission Deadline: 15th April, 23:59 GMT
Review Phase and Adjustments: 15th of April – 15th of May
Winner Announced: 15th of May
For any questions, please refer to Scholarship Team: [email protected]