SGAC is seeking an ambitious, talented and highly motivated volunteer for the position of SGAC Video Editor. This role within the Public Relations and Communications Team will involve creating and shaping new SGAC audio-visual products in order to inform and attract audiences from the space industry.
Deadline for Applications: 31 November 2023
- Collaborate with the SGAC Public Relations and Communications Team to bring concepts and creative ideas to life, including announcements, events recaps and more in a high-quality and efficient manner, with regards to the Brand Identity of SGAC.
- Edit creative marketing and narrative video content.
- Adhere to project timelines and have accountability for timelines assigned.
- Create TikTok videos, Instagram Reels and Youtube videos.
- Post-production of SGAC Podcasts.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 5-7 hours a week.
Duration of Term: 2 years
The Video Editor will require expert knowledge in the following areas:
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age
- Proven experience using video editing software
- Motivation to produce a polished, high-quality products
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Passion for creating fun and educational content for social media
- Opportunities to network closely in the international space sector on high-level
- Unequalled leadership opportunity and chance to lead a team from around the globe
- Special opportunities to contribute to SGAC’s briefings to the United Nations and other industry, agency, and academic organisations in the international space sector
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Opportunities to lead large teams and head important projects
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Higher chance to win one of the SGAC Scholarships
- Access to relevant space policy materials, documents, magazines, etc.
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 31 November 2023 with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role in addition to a minimum of two links to previous work
|Applications Open:||10 November 2023|
|Application Close:||31 November 2023|
|Review of applications:||December|
|Interviews of selected applicants:||December/January|
|Announcement of Results:||December/ beginning of January|