This position is in charge of managing the SGAC awards and together with the SGAC Chief of Staff of growing the SGAC membership while improving their experience and benefits within the organisation.
Deadline for applications:
7 January, 2023 Extended: 31 January 2023
The SGAC Membership Co-Manager will work next to the other Membership Co-Manager and supervised by the SGAC HR Co-Coordinators and the SGAC Chief of Staff to:
- Manage the SGAC Member of the Month Programme
- Manage the SGAC Pioneer Award
- Manage the SGAC Alumni Award
- Manage the SGAC SpaceGen Ambassador Award
- Increase members’ involvement and level of support
- Improve the SGAC members onboarding experience providing them with more support and guidance
- Engage with the SGAC members on Slack
- Keep the document procedures, programs and initiatives for future use up-to-date
- Submit an annual work plan at the start of the year, and a report at the end of the year, in accordance with SGAC procedures
Estimated time commitment: 4 hours a week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of appointment
- Be a citizen of a United Nations Member State
- Be between 18 and 33.5 years old at the date of appointment
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork experience
- Possess good communication skills in English
- Initiative, and capability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with managing social media groups, i.e: Slack
- Previous experience with SGAC activities is a plus
Be a part of leading and shaping the organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Holding a position on the SGAC Executive Committee
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships or being selected as participants of SGAC events
- Building leadership skills and other soft skills that are directly translatable to your career
- Having a significant impact on SGAC’s image on the international stage
- Developing invaluable experience in managing a professional international team
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by Extended 31 January, 2023 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
|Applications close:||Extended 31 January, 2023 23:59 GMT|
|Announcement of Outcome:||Middle February 2023|
Do not hesitate to get in contact with us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!