SGAC is seeking an ambitious, and highly motivated volunteer to join the South American Regional Team as Regional Communications Manager. If you are an SGAC member from the South American region who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for Applications: 25 October, 2022
The Regional Communication Manager is part of the South American Regional Team and works under the supervision and in close collaboration with the Regional Coordinators.
The Regional Communication Manager tasks include:
- Build targeted social media campaigns for regional events on the relevant Facebook page
- Spearhead content creation for the regional newsletter (responsible for soliciting materials to be published, setting and enforcing deadlines, approving final publications, coordinating frequency of publication, maintaining the SGAC brand during public communications)
- Support RCs in disseminating Regional and Local Newsletters through Mailchimp
- Contribute to the creation, and ensure implementation, of the regional PR and Communications Strategy for the organisation
- Hold coordination meetings with the global PR Team
- Support National Contact Points with online community management and audience acquisition
This is an appointed volunteer position. The appointment will be for 2 years with the possibility of renewal for an additional 2 consecutive years.
Approximate Time Commitment: Estimated at 2-4 hours a week.
Duration of Term: Two Years
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 34 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (e.g., Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, GIMP/Photoshop)
- Excellent written English skills
- Speedy email response time
- Experience/familiarity with your region’s space sector
- Opportunities to network closely with current, high-level international space sector
- Unequalled leadership opportunity and chance to lead a team from around the globe
- A chance to shape the organisation with respect to SGAC’s short-medium term strategic plans
- Opportunities to lead and head important projects
- Working with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 25 October, 2022 with the following documents as attachments:
- Resume (with date of birth) (limit 2 pages)
- Letter of Intent, detailing your suitability for the role (limit 1 page)
|Applications Close:||25 October 2022|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the month of November
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of November/beginning of December.