This year’s World Space Week celebrates the accomplishments and contributions of women to the space sector and sciences. What a great occasion to the Diversity and Gender Equality (Our Giant Leap) Project Group to give the SGAC members the opportunity to win a mentoring session and a feature in the Our Giant Leap magazine to show their thoughts and ideas on the topic of women in space. Through this quiz competition around this theme, the participants will have to combine historic knowledge as well as open-reflections about diversity in the aerospace sector. We hope you will enjoy it!
About Our Giant Leap / Diversity and Gender Equality PG
Diversity and Gender Equality is one of the Project Groups at SGAC, based on the Our Giant Leap initiative, which aims at encouraging gender equality and diversity in the space sector. We offer a networking platform for the space sector to utilize in order to break stereotypes and embrace diversity for the full palette of opportunity and ingenuity that it presents.
- The competition is open to all students and young professionals from any Member States of the United Nations.
- All participants should be registered SGAC members.
- All participants shall be of the age between 18 to 35 inclusive (up to the day of your 36th birthday) on 10 October 2021.
- The competition is open to individuals – no team submission is allowed.
- Competition organizers and judges are not eligible for the competition.
To apply, please submit your artwork using the online form below before 10 October 2021 23:59 GMT.
The submission will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- All questions have points allocated to them.
- Some questions are expecting correct answers and points will be awarded accordingly.
- Some questions are open. The jury will base its evaluation on the knowledge, creativity and innovative answers.
- A participant can only apply once.
- Any submissions after the deadline will not be considered. The Selection Committee reserves the right to extend the competition deadline.
The winner(s) will be offered a mentor through the SGAC mentoring programme and will be featured in the second edition of the Our Giant Leap magazine where he/she/they will have the chance to be interviewed and share their views on gender equality in the aerospace sector.
The competition will be evaluated by 2 Diversity and Gender Equality team members.
Now!: Questionnaire opens
12 October 2021: Questionnaire closes
20 October 2021: Winners are announced
Copyright and Intellectual Property
By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit SGAC to mention their names, affiliations and headshot picture in connection with the competition.
Copyright of the submitted entry shall remain with the participants. However, by submitting an entry, all contestants agree that all affiliated organizers are granted publication in the Our Giant Leap magazine regarding the winning responses.
Organisers have the right to change the terms of the competition, including the number of winners and prizes.
For any questions, please contact: