June 2016-June 2018
Jan 2015-Jan 2017
The South American region prides itself on a strong network that looks to grow and develop space awareness. The region has done well both in organizing events and in reaching out to local governments and space industry players to express the perspectives of university students and young professionals. SGAC looks forward to participating in the region’s space sector growth.
Current/Recent Activities in Region
- Seminars and talks about SGAC and its activities are given often by National Point of Contacts and volunteers at several Academic Institutions and space events in the region.
- Yuri’s Night is celebrated in several places of the region.
- SGAC South American members participate in regional and international aerospace events and competitions.
- A South American Team comprised by two National Point of Contacts participates in the SGAC Find an Asteroid Program.
- South American RC was featured by the media on the work done at SGAC.
- South American Regional Space Generation Workshop 2015
- The South America Space Generation Workshop (SA-SGW) will be a two-day workshop, 4th and 5th of May, for university students and young professionals in the South American region. SA-SGW will take place in conjunction with the 8th Argentine Congress of Space Technology (8th CATE) in Buenos Aires, Argentina on 6 - 8th May 2015.
For more information on our activities join our facebook group!
South American Competition List
Competition List available to international graduate/undegraduate/high-school students/
You would need a conversant-level of English to compete. SGAC members are willing and able to provide support if needed.
- CanSat competition
- Type: Design, construction, and flying of model-rocket payload
- Age group: Electrical/Aerospace/Computer engineering university students
- Sponsors: AIAA, NASA
- Pedro (Ecuador's NOPC) participated in 2010 games!
- Type: Model-Rocket design and payload
- Age group: College/University students
- Sponsors: AIAA
- SAE – Aero design
- Design, construct and fly an aircraft given design constraints
- AgeGroup: University or graduate students in Aerospace
- Sponsors: SAE
- Design-build-fly AIAA
- Design-build-and-fly aircraft
- Sponsors: AIAA
- RASC-AL competition
- Develop mission architectures to employ innovative solutions
- Age Group: University teams, 2 categories: undergraduate &graduate
- Sponsors: NASA & NIA
South American Scholarships List
- Emerging Space Leaders Grant Programme
- Scholarship to attend IAC, SGC & UN/IAF Workshop
- Age Group: Students and young professionals
- Sponsors: IAF
- Erasmus Mundus
- Open to people from all over the world to pursue graduate studies
- Available in all subjects imaginable:
- Space Related: Astrophysics, Software Engineering, Nuclear Fusion, Geospatial Technologies, Computational Mechanics, Space Science and Technology!Age Group: University teams, 2 categories: undergraduate & graduate
- Fulbright Program
- Provides funding for students, scholars, teachers, and professionals to undertake graduate study, advanced research, university teaching, and teaching in elementary and secondary schools.
- Sponsor: United States Department of State