Sahith Reddy Madara is currently associated with Sharjah Academy for Astronomy, Space Sciences, and Technology (SAASST) as a Research Engineer – CubeSat Lab, and also acting as a UAE’s National Point of Contact for the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC). Prior to SAASST, Sahith worked on various positions which enabled him to gather valuable insight over the Space sector. Remembering here:
– Graduate Engineer Trainee at Collins Aerospace – A Part of United Technologies Corporation,
– Aerospace Research Engineer (Apprentice) at Masdar Institute (iEnergy),
– Production/Design and Quality Engineer Trainee at Hydro Middle East,
– Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Trainee at Air India Engineering Services Limited – Boeing 737-800 facility,
– AME On Job Training (OJT) at Emirates Aviation Services.
Sahith kept his research spirit alive, having currently published 25 research and review papers at various International peer-reviewed journals, presented 10 technical papers, and been honored with “Best Paper and Presentation Award” thrice at various multiple International Conferences throughout the world. He’s research interest over the past few years have mainly focused on Composite Materials and Structures, Cube-Satellite Technologies, 3D Meta-Materials, and Green Aviation. Amongst his noticeable accomplishments also being invited and honored as a Speaker, session chair, resource person, and technical committee member in various international conferences, hackathons, workshops, and events organized by, for instance, Azercosmos – NASA Space App Challenge, IFERP, Sharjah Education Council, UAE GCAA, MBRSC, Curtin University, IEEE, SGAC, RAeS, are a few of them. Sahith is a B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering graduate (Gold Medalist – “MOST LIKELY TO SUCCEED” Award Winner) from Amity University Dubai. Sahith is a firm believer in the fact that Innovation often occurs at boundaries of discipline and one should always be ready to go forth that extra step or put in that extra effort to overcome all the barriers to realize his vision.
Personal Blog: https://www.sahithreddy-aero.com/
Sahith has been nominated by four SGAC members:
Roman Mykhalchyshyn – NPoC of Ukraine
Sahith performed a lot for promotion SGAC in the Middle East as well as in the UAE. Also he was SGAC delegate at the 57 session of the United Nations Science and Technical Subcommittee. He had nice ideas during the SGAC Brainstorming session. He is a very active member of SGAC.
Mirta Medanić – NPoC of Croatia
Sahith is an active SGAC member. He promotes space science, technology and international collaboration to young communities and space agencies and companies, in UAE and the region. In 2019 and 2020, he took an active part in various space events where he represented SGAC. He was an invited speaker: at the Alleem Business Congress 2020 in Sharjah, UAE; at the 4th Young Professionals in Space Conference 2019, organized by Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre in collaboration with IEEE in Dubai; and at the 22nd Humans in Space Symposium 2019, organized by the International Academy of Astronautics, to name a few. He was an invited speaker and jury member at the NASA Space App Challenge 2019, organised at ADA University in Baku by Azercosmos, jointly with the US Embassy in Azerbaijan. He is also supporting the SGC 2020 that will take place in October 2020 in Dubai.
Furthermore, he was part of the SGAC Delegation at the 57th Session of the UN COPUOS Scientific and Technical Subcommittee in Vienna. Sahith is a good colleague and a hard worker. His work could be an inspiration to others.
Ahmed Baraka – RC of Middle East
- UAE’s National Point of Contact – Space Generation Advisory Council (July 2019 – Present)
- INVITED SPEAKER & JURY MEMBER: Represented on behalf of Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) for the NASA Space App Challenge (Organized by Azercosmos, jointly with the US Embassy in Azerbaijan) from October 18-20, 2019 at ADA University, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- INVITED SPEAKER: Represented SGAC at the 4th Young Professionals in Space (YPinSpace) Conference 2019 organized by Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre in collaboration with IEEE, at the Dubai World Trade Centre from November 4th – 6th 2019.
- INVITED SPEAKER : Represented SGAC at the 22nd Humans in Space Symposium (HIS) organized by the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) in collaboration with Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from November 11th to November 14th, 2019.
- Represented as a Delegate (from UAE) on behalf of Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) at the 57th session of the United Nations COPUOS Scientific and Technical Subcommittee at the Vienna International Center in Austria from 3rd February – 14th February 2020.
Srikanth Bavani – SGAC Member
Sahith Reddy Madara was recently appointed as the National Point of Contact for UAE and has been working hard to strengthen partnerships with SGAC in the region. His work has been inspiring the next generation space enthusiasts in the UAE region and is truly outstanding; he personifies everything that is great about SGAC and the space generation. He has spent the last few months traveling around the UAE and throughout the world, leading numerous space workshops in different universities and also represented SGAC at various International Conferences and Hackathons.
I’m incredibly honored to have been selected as SGAC Member of the Month (MoM) for February 2020. During my time with SGAC I’ve had the pleasure of working with many hard working and dedicated young minds of this decade, and I hope I will maintain the same level of diligence in my work in the forth coming years. I think what sets SGAC apart from all the other organisations are the amazing people in it. Thank you SGAC for this recognition!
Short quote Sahith feels guided by a personal thought:
Opportunities don’t happen. You create them. The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.
From the SGAC Executive Director, Clemetine Decoopman:
“Sahith is the National Point of Contact for the United Arab Emirates and as such he has done a fantastic job in looking at opportunities to expand SGAC in the country and finding new local partnerships. He has been participating in a number of conferences in the region to spread the word about SGAC and is now part of the Space Generation Congress 2020 Organising Team. As such, he will support SGAC in getting local students and young professionals involved and support the logistics efforts for the planning of the Congress. Sahith is a motivated volunteer who has the profound desire to contribute to the organisation’s success and to bring space to the Middle-East.”