1. All submissions shall be made by the 30th of May 2023 23:59 UTC. Any submissions after the deadlines will not be considered.
2. The submission is due as an unlocked PDF document under 5 MB. It shall be submitted via the SSS Essay Competition Submission Form. You will need to be logged in as an SGAC member to access the submission page.
– must be written in English.
– should have a length between 800 and 1200 words, excluding references and bibliography. Essays exceeding the limit of words will not be considered.
– must include citation and have a bibliography.
– must include original content and research: all paradigms of research are acceptable
– must not be previously submitted to other competitions or published.
– on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
– will be judged equally regardless of the participant’s age, gender, race, nationality, religion, and title.
– must be an original work of the participant.
– may have any kind of graphic illustrations or tables, and must be properly cited and a caption included. These do not count towards the word count.
4. Formatting and citation: Poppins, size 12, single spaced. To cite an external reference(s), participants should place the author’s last name and then comma (,) followed by the year of publication in parentheses. Participants may use APA style format for the bibliography. For further information about the APA style format, you may refer to the link: http://www.iirp.edu/pdf/IIRP-APA-Guidelines.pdf.
– must not include personal identifiers (name, age, etc.) in the essay: judges will only see an anonymized essay without your email address to ensure a fair process.
– have to be the sole author (team entries are not permitted) and must hold all rights to the essay.
– are only allowed to submit one essay.
5. Plagiarism of more than 10% will be disqualified.
6. The jurors will be composed of the SGAC team and representatives from the sponsoring companies. All essays admitted after a first scrutiny for the above mentioned requirements, will be evaluated on the following criteria:
– Subject: clear, matches the topic, innovative.
– Writing style: clear argumentation and easy to follow, creative, appropriate sentence length, logical progression of ideas.
– Structure: paragraphs are coherent and supports the main argument. Clear transition between paragraphs.
– Sources: verifiable supporting evidences.