Delegate Applications are accepted from 01 August 2018. You must be an eligible and registered member of the Space Generation Advisory Council in order to apply to the African Space Generation Workshop (AF-SGW). Becoming a member of SGAC is free! You can read more about the benefits of membership, and create an account.
The delegate selection process for the AF-SGW is highly competitive. Information you provide will be used to evaluate your application to be a delegate at the 2nd African Space Generation Workshop in Mauritius.
Applicants will be evaluated specifically in the areas of motivation, experience, passion, and enthusiasm.
Successful applicants will receive an email with further instructions, as well as information on how to pay for registration.
How to Apply?
Applications for the 2nd African Space Generation Workshop are OPEN
(To apply you must be logged in as a SGAC member; please register on the page)
Application: Extended: applicants able to fully fund themselves can still register
- You have to be an SGAC member in order to access the registration form.
- Registration for SGAC membership is free.
- If you are not an SGAC member, Register here.
- If you are already an SGAC member and have problems completing specific fields (e.g. date of birth, nationality,…) during registration, try updating your SGAC profile first
- If you have any other issues relating to registration, contact us at: [email protected]
- Deadline of applications for the 2nd AF-SGW is 5th October 2018.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by November.
African Space Leaders Award
The African Space Leaders Award aims to recognize SGAC members for their contributions to the space field in Africa as well as to provide opportunities to talented individuals to attend the African Space Generation Workshop (17 – 18 December 2018) held in Port Louis, Mauritius.
You can find out more information about the African Space Leaders Award here (Please do sign-in)
Applications is now CLOSED
Submission Deadline: 05th October 2018, 23:59 GMT
Accepted delegates will receive further information on how to secure their spot by paying the non-refundable registration fee.
2018 AF-SGW Registration Fees
|Student Ticket*||$20 USD or Rs 700 (MUR)|
|Young Professionals Ticket**||$40 USD or Rs 1400 (MUR)|
The African Space Generation Workshop Ticket covers:
- Entry to the 2018 African Space Generation Workshop on December 17th & 18th 2018
- Delegate Welcome Pack and materials, including sponsored “swag”
- On-site Catering: Including Coffee breaks & Lunch
- AF-SGW International Night (Day 1)
- Entry to Opening Ceremony Dinner (Day 1) and AF-SGW Gala Dinner (Day 2)
* Proof of academic enrolment may be requested.
** Young professionals are individuals between the age of 18 to 35 as of December 18th, 2018 who are not students.
Not included in the registration:
- Tours and optional excursions
- Optional Pre-Congress Dinner
- Any other expenses not directly listed above
For any questions related to Delegates please contact: