After the success of the preceding widely acknowledged 8th South American Space Generation Workshop (SA-SGW), SGAC intends to organise the 9th SA-SGW in 2024. The SGAC regional Space Generation Workshops (SGW) are aimed at bringing together students and young professionals to discuss current and upcoming space sector trends, opportunities and challenges with a regional perspective. The 9th SA-SGW will be organised in continuation of SGAC’s efforts to promote the voice of the next generation of Space Leaders in the South American region.
Deadline for Application: 31st of September
The call for the hosting city of 9th SA-SGW is open to SGAC members in the South American Region. In your application bid, please explain why the proposed city would be the perfect place for the 9th SA-SGW. Ideal bids should come from countries able to attract sponsorships and qualified speakers to the event. The bids shall include the following information:
- Suggested date (Possible dates for the events shall be in 2024)
- Venue (cost, capacity, access)
- Location (travel, accommodation, etc.): The city proposed shall be easy to access from abroad (max. 1 connection flight)
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsorships for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager
The following items are a plus:
- Prior experience with organising events and with SGAC (either team membership or attending an SGAC event)
- Suggested Event Planning Schedule with the main actions (Definition of venue, Definition of Organising Team, etc.)
- Letters of support to the bid from organisations, universities, associations etc.
- Event in conjunction with the Workshop (major space event / conference / congress / program)
- Suggested program for the workshop (including information of potential speakers)
Important to know:
- Bid has to be submitted by National Point of Contacts (NPoC). If your country does not have a NPoC, please liaise directly with the Regional Coordinators and Regional Events Coordinator before submitting your proposal
- The maximal length of the proposal is 5 pages (appendixes like supporting letters and full CVs of the Event Manager and Co-Event Manager does not count in this limit)
- The Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged between 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website), but citizenship or temporal residency of the given country is required
- The Co-Event Manager could be any SGAC member (aged between 18-35 and registered on the SGAC website)
- The SA-SGW Event Manager and Co-Event Manager will work under the supervision of the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- The positions of SA-SGW Event Manager and Co-Event Manager are volunteer positions
- The bid will be evaluated by the South American Regional Coordinators and the SGAC Regional Events Coordinator
- If the bid is accepted, the Event Managers will receive a starter kit for SGAC events and they will be asked to issue a Call for Organising Team among SGAC members
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITY NAME] 9TH SA-SGW bid, together with your bid in attachment.
All applications must be emailed to the South American Regional Coordinators:
And Regional Event Coordinator:
Mehdi Scoubeau ([email protected])
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications close:||30th of September 2023|
|Review of bids and interviews:||1st of October 2023– 15th of October 2023|
|Announcement of results:||15th of October 2023|