Since the mentoring team was formed in January 2020, SGAC’s mentoring program has expanded from a small nucleus to a committed team that handles hundreds of applications and mentors annually, as well as partnerships with other organizations. Due to the increase in size of the program, it has become necessary to have additional SGAC members on the committee team to manage and grow the program. SGAC is seeking one (1) new co-lead for the mentoring team.
Deadline for applications: 7 January 2024
Mentoring Program Co-Lead (1 Position)
SGAC is looking for one (1) active and motivated volunteer to manage the SGAC Mentoring Program. The selected applicant will work alongside the existing co-lead as well as the rest of the mentoring committee. The co-lead position will be for two years.
- Manage two matching sessions of the mentoring program each year
- Refine and improve the SGAC mentoring program
- Initiate webinars on SGAC and other international space topics
- Manage collaborations within and outside of SGAC
- Drive more mentor sign-ups from underrepresented fields, regions and other categories
- Act as an avenue for new SGAC members to get involved in the organization
Estimated time commitment: 4 hours a week
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 33.5 years of age at the time of appointment
- Be between 18 and 33.5 years old at the date of appointment
- Demonstrate teamwork experience and initiative
- Possess good communication skills in English
- Rapid communication abilities with the team is a must
- Experience with spreadsheet software(s)
- Previous experience with SGAC activities is a plus
This is your chance to help the next generation of SGAC members, and develop valuable organizational skills in the process. In addition, you get the opportunity to:
- Interact with senior-level leaders in the international space sector
- Work with the next generation of international space sector leaders in the world’s largest youth space network
- Connect with our network of mentors around the world
- Possibly be nominated for SGAC leadership awards
- Benefit from SGAC discounts on event registration for team members
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application Form by 7 January 2024 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of relevant experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page
Only complete applications will be considered.
|Applications Open:||4 December 2023|
|Applications Close:||7 January 2024|
Review of applications and interviews will be done during the month of January and February.
The outcome of the application will be communicated at the end of February, beginning of March.