1 November 2018
The SGAC is seeking a volunteer to join the executive office as our Executive Secretary. If you are an SGAC member who is looking for an opportunity to become more involved in a role that offers challenging, rewarding, and professional skill-building experiences, then apply today!
Deadline for applications: 25 November 2018
The Executive Secretary tasks include:
- Administration/moderation of SGAC mailing lists
- Administration of the NPoC recruitment process
- Maintenance of the SGAC Team Member database
- Preparations for the SGAC General assembly (preparation of agenda, change request documents, …)
- Documenting executive council meetings, General Assemblies and other meetings (taking minutes)
- Preparation of certificates of appointment, business card and other requested documents for team member
- Contribution to webteam activities (at peak times) and monitoring the SGAC website for errors
- Responding to e-mail requests by team members
- Assisting the Executive Director and co-Chairs with miscellaneous operational needs
The Co-Secretaries are part of the Executive Office and also serve on the Elections Oversight Committee.
The Executive Secretary will work under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Estimated time commitment: Estimated at an average 6 hours a week.
Duration of the term: 2 years renewable for another 2 years depending on performance.
Note: This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website and below 33 years of age at the time of recruitment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick turnaround international environment and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Strong or competent working knowledge of computer applications and management apps (Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, GIMP/Photoshop)
- Excellent written English
- Speedy email response time
SGAC is a unique, non-governmental, non-profit organisation that empowers its student and young professional members to engage directly with the international space community and influence the future of the space industry.
Be a part of leading and shaping our organisation! Benefits of this position include:
- Meeting and working with young space sector leaders from around the world
- Having a higher chance of receiving SGAC scholarships to attend conferences around the world
- Being recognised internationally as part of the organisation’s leadership on the SGAC Team webpage
- Being invited to attend United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space meetings and other conferences as part of the official SGAC delegation
- Building leadership skills and other skills that are directly translatable to your career
- SGAC team members receive discounts on SGAC events, and also receive consideration for SGAC Space Generation Leadership Awards and Global Grants Program
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete our Vacancy Application by 25 November 2018 with the following documents as attachments:
- A Letter of Intent (maximum 1 page)
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- List of three past experiences and how they have prepared you for this role (maximum 1 page)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Timeline for applications
Applications Open 1 November 2018
Applications Close 25 November 2018
Review of Applications 25-30 November 2018
Online Interviews 1-5 December 2018
Announcement of Outcome 10 December 2018