2019 Delegate Application
Delegate Applications are accepted from 17 December 2018 to 27 January 2019 23:59 MST (UTC-7). You must be an eligible and registered member of the Space Generation Advisory Council in order to apply to the Space Generation Fusion Forum. Becoming a member of SGAC is free! You can read more about the benefits of membership, and create an account.
The delegate selection process for SGFF is highly competitive. Information you provide will be used to evaluate your suitability as a delegate at the 8th Space Generation Fusion Forum.
Applicants will be evaluated specifically in the areas of motivation, experience, industry awareness and insights, passion, and enthusiasm.
Specifically, we will be evaluating your responses to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in SGFF? (50-100 words)
- Please describe your relevant academic, professional, and/or volunteer experiences that you will bring to SGFF. (Max 200 words)
- What do you view as the greatest challenge to humanity’s continued expansion into Space in the next ten years, either from a technology, business, or policy standpoint? (Max 200 words)
- What is the most exciting potential use of Space to you? (Max 200 words)
You are welcome to write a paragraph or a series of bullet points for each question. Remember we can only assess you on the information provided, so feel free to add details where appropriate (e.g. “interned at JSC for 3 months in mission operations” vs “completed internship” when discussing experiences, or “I would like to show how the energy industry and aerospace can collaborate” vs “I have new perspectives” when discussing unique insights).
A copy of all the SGFF Delegate application and Global Grants application questions are available here.
You should hear about the result of your application sometime during early February. Successful applicants will receive an email with further instructions, as well as information on how to pay for registration.
Applications have now closed.
Global Grants Programme Application
The Global Grants Programme facilitates the attendance of international delegates who bring unique and insightful firsthand perspectives to the Space Generation Fusion Forum. This is accomplished through awarding grants to selected applicants that will provide support to attend the 8th Space Generation Fusion Forum (5 – 8 April 2019) and 35th Space Symposium (8 – 11 April 2019) held in Colorado Springs, CO, USA.
A copy of all the SGFF Delegate application and Global Grant application questions are available here.
Accepted delegates will receive further information on how to secure their spot by paying the non-refundable registration fee.
2019 SGFF Registration Fees
Full-Time Post-Secondary Students* – $200 USD
Young Professionals** – $250 USD
Included in the cost of registration:
- Entry to the 2019 Space Generation Fusion Forum
- Breakfast and Coffee breaks for Day 1 and Day 2
- Dinner and Lunch on Day 1
- Delegate materials, including sponsored “swag”
- Entry to the opening ceremony of the 35th Space Symposium and NewGen luncheon on 8 April, 2019 at the Broadmoor Hotel
- One (1) complimentary ticket to Yuri’s Night at the Space Foundation Discovery Center (Sunday – 7 April, 2019)
- Discount for registration to the 35th Space Symposium***
* Proof of enrolment may be requested.
** Young professionals are individuals between the age of 18 to 35 as of April 5th, 2019 who are not students.
*** A limited number of discount codes are provided and subject to availability