The SGAC “SpaceGen Ambassador Award”
In 2019, with the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), the “SpaceGen Ambassador Award” programme has been launched. SGAC wants to acknowledge organisations that deeply care for our generation, our talents, skills and needs – organisations that actively support us as the next generation of space leaders, empower us as such and enable us to grow.
The award is presented to an organisation from the space sector, either governmental, non-governmental, or private company who provide expertise and demonstrate ongoing support for the ‘next’ generation, caring and mentoring students and young space professionals, allowing them to develop the ‘know-how’ for a progressive space career.
Number of Awards
- An organisation may receive the award only once.
- One award is conferred each year.
SGAC wishes to recognise space organisations that support the young generation carrying at least two of the following:
Support space-related youth organisations and programmes by:
- Providing support and/or funding
- Providing support and/or offering Sponsorships of events
- Showing availability to reach out and advise space start-ups and/or offer mentoring programs.
Have internal programmes for the youth (i.e. training, mentorship, financial support for continual development):
- Award scholarships and grant programmes for its employees
- Provide training and educational programmes for its employees
- Support mentoring programmes within the organisation
Proactively inspire the youth (both internally and externally) by:
- Having a mission that inspires the next generation of space professionals
- Promoting positive work environment culture
- Conducting outreach, educational and motivational activities
Connect space communities worldwide for:
- Supporting discussion and enabling networking opportunities worldwide
- Being proactively open to partnerships and cooperation for projects
Alignment to SGAC’s mission
To be eligible, the organisations needs also to represent the SGAC mission in at least two of these following criteria:
- Empowering its young professionals with real responsibilities within the organisation
- Embracing and promoting diversity (generational, geographical, gender)
- Supporting SGAC’s activities and members
Nomination and Selection Rules
Who can nominate
- The wider SGAC community.
2021 SpaceGen Award timeline
- 1st of December 2020: Call for nomination is open
- 15th of May 2021: End of the nomination period
- 15th of May- 31st of May 2021: Evaluation period
- 1st of June 2021: Announcement and Notice to the awardee
- The official announcement during SpaceGen United or SG Congress Closing Dinner – October 2021
- SGAC Executive Director
- 4 Selected Volunteers from the SGAC Executive Committee Teams
- The Jury Panel evaluates and shortlists 3 nominations, providing rationales for the choices
- The Board of SGAC (RCs + Co-Chairs) votes by majority one of the finalists. In case of tie vote, the Chair decides the winner.
Conflict of interest:
In order to avoid conflict of interests, Jury members will be asked to declare, and eventually abstain from evaluating, which nominations come from:
- Entities that they are currently employees of,
- Entities that they have worked for,
- Entities that they are actively seeking or envisioning employment from, up to six months after the evaluation period.
Are you interested in nominating an organisation? To support you write the best pitch, here the questions you will find in the Nomination Form
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Current Status
- Role within SGAC (if any)
- Name of the Organisation
- Mission Statement and Vision of the organisation.
How is the Organisation a SpaceGen ambassador? (200 words)
Has this organisation contributed to SGAC before?
If yes, how?
Eligibility – Given the criteria listed in the Nomination Guidelines, please explain:
Which criteria do the organisation falls in? How it is so? (200 words)
How does the organisation align to SGAC mission? (200 words)
Why should SGAC prefer this organisation over others? Pitch us! (150 words)
Nominations are currently closed
SGAC is very pleased and honoured to announce that Lockheed Martin has been selected as the recipient of the 2020 SGAC SpaceGen Ambassador Award!
WASHINGTON DC, UNITED STATES, 19 October 2019 - SGAC is very pleased and honoured to announce that the Secure World Foundation, nominated by Ms. Agnieszka Łukaszczyk, Senior Director - European Affairs at Planet, has been selected as the recipient of the 2019 SGAC SpaceGen Ambassador Award!